Stating a beehive
Beekeeping is a fascinating pastime. If you’re thinking of getting started with beekeeping here are some tips.
- Join a local beekeeping association/club.
- Read as much about bees as you can. Complete a course or find a mentor. Make sure you have time to dedicate to your bees.
- Check your proposed location for easy access and space for your bees. Purchase your equipment and set up your hive prior to getting your bees.
- Register as a Beekeeper with the Department of Primary Industries.
- Now you are ready to purchase your bees.