If you are looking to recover honey out of your comb, this little press will be an ideal product for this job. You can also use this press as a warre extractor, or as a fruit press.
More and more beekeepers are discovering the joy of crushing out their honey. Crushed-and-strained honey has a more complex taste and mouthfeel than honey that has been spun out with an extractor. The process of crushing out your honey is simple, economical, and produces raw honey with a unique taste that's very well suited to making mead, or simply bottling. This product provides a very economical way of streamlining your honey processing.
Compact and easy to store
Increase your honey yield dramatically by effortlessly processing your uncappings, burr comb etc
An very useful product for warre beekeepers
Useful for flow hive owners who wish to extract honey from their langstroth frames
Sideliners with langstroth hives will also find that this product soon pays for itself in terms of increased honey yield.
We strongly recommend that you clean this wax crusher with a detergent solution before first use. This will get rid of oil and welding residues. To clean this product after pressing honey:
- unwind press and release steel cage containing wax
- place cage with wax in suitable bucket
- pour boiling water carefully over cage to soften wax
- scrape the softened wax off the cage
- add cold water to remaining wax. Rinse and drain for later processing.
- dry and reassemble the press for next use.