B. J. Sherriff are a family-owned beekeeping company in Cornwall, England, specialising in quality handmade protective wear. HBS is the exclusive Australian supplier of Sherriff protective wear.
These hard-wearing gloves are very popular with beekeepers who appreciate quality. With care, these soft leather gloves should last you for many seasons. These long-lasting gloves are an investment, and are also an excellent gift for the beekeeper in your life.
Both Ness and Rick at our Mount Druitt store wear these gloves. Even when working a grumpy hive they might find 15-20 stings in the outside of the gloves. Yet they reckon they've never gotten stung through the leather or the canvas. The extra cost is worth it.
- Are you sick of getting stung on your hands because you felt forced to take your gloves off? Supple lambskin makes it easier to work by feel and gives you more manual dexterity.
- Thick waterproofed canvas gauntlet secured a wide elasticated cuff just below the elbow.
- Can be washed by hand or in a washing machine. Care instructions are included.
- Hand-made in Cornwall, England.
- These gloves stretch slightly, but they are designed to fit snugly, which is why they perform so well. Please contact us if you need help with sizing.
Great glovesBy: Mark de Lacey on 14 March 2022The gloves are fantastic, thick but supple. Gauntlets are a bit of a pain, and could be shorter (I wear them with a jacket over the top), but definitely really protective
vDSvBy: Zarko Rnjak on 27 October 2021de
leather GlovesBy: GLENN CLARK on 8 October 2019Good quality gloves and are still soft after washing
Excellent leather - short sleeveBy: George on 2 January 2018These gloves have the best leather amongst any other glove I have purchased in the past. The sleeve however is short and leaves the inner elbow vulnerable to stings.
Good Quality15 October 2016Gloves fit well and are of good quality