This base is manufactured by Parker Engineering Dunmore, pioneers in plastics manufacturing in Australia. The base includes plastic 'feet' for the bottom of the cleats and plastic entrance closers. A very solid unit indeed.
- Made from long-life UV-stabilised food grade structural plastic
- Extremely durable--Parker states their plastic hives can last up to 30 years!
- Easy to clean
- Offers better insulation than timber
- Can be used alongside timber in the same hive
- Ready to go: no need to paint
- Can be branded with your registration number
- Resistant to termites
- Excellent disease prevention
Plastic bases do not have a provision for a beetle trap. To manage beetle with this base, place a beetle trap at the top of the hive.
More From This Category