Varroa Mite Test Bottle is a ready-to-use varroa mite shaker that makes monitoring infestations more accurate and reliable.
• Place about 100 mL of alcohol in one of the jars, or enough so that the bees will be covered.
• Place a large sheet of newspaper or plastic beside the hive to be tested.
• Light a smoker, open the hive and remove a frame which contains a lot of brood. If the queen is present place her back in the hive.
• Shake bees from a brood frame onto the newspaper/plastic sheet/plastic tub.
• The field bees will mostly fly out of the tub immediately, leaving behind predominantly nurse bees which are likely to carry a greater quantity of phoretic Varroa mites.
Others Also Bought